December 2, 2008

Balloon


Today I decided to try my hand at creating an illustration for a weekly participatory illustration forum called Illustration Friday. It's always seemed like a fun thing to do. They give you a one-word topic each week, and your task is to create an illustration around that word, taking it on any tangent you deem fit.

This week's word was "BALLOON." I imagine that perhaps balloons, when they go to balloon-world carnivals, feel the need to buy their children inflatable people...


5 comments:

Rui Sousa said...

Fantastic work, really beautiful one!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I really like your style and the idea is a hoot! LOL! great work.

trudette said...

Great take on the subject, love the colors , fun picture !

cathleen said...

Very nice Illustration. I enjoy your shading and the wrinkled paper in the background.

Mark Cavell said...

Very clever, love the idea and characters.